Friday, November 14, 2008

Stories from Callac.info


What Shall We Do With The Drunken Donkey?


Having lived in Questellic, near Callac, for just a few weeks - and feeling completely out of my depth, I was only too glad to help when asked. Until now, our neighbours had been harvesting their crops, feeding the needy and keeping body and soul together; Edward had been busy evaluating this and measuring that and I had been admiring the pretty flowers and scowling at the stripy wallpaper.

The neighbours always had a task to hand, moving sheep, lambing, harvesting their vegetable garden, and the general upkeep and maintenance of their land and animals . All that time, when everyone else had appeared so industrious I had lagged behind kicking the sand and feeling quite the proverbial fifth wheel - mais non! The world was about to change! I had a responsibility, a chance to prove myself - to show my worthiness and capabilities. The horses were changing fields and I was being asked to lead the donkey!!

The full story can be read at here

No comments:

Post a Comment